Blackburn Institute 2015 Annual Symposium
Posted By: Blackburn Institute, July 07, 2015
The Blackburn Institute Annual Symposium will be held August 28 and 29 in the Ferguson Center on The University of Alabama campus. We are looking forward to an exciting weekend with Blackburn Students, Fellows, and Advisory Board members, along with some great speakers and sessions. This symposium will revolve around the theme of "Courage in Alabama" and we are excited to be discussing this theme as it relates to topics including prison reform, education, and economic development.
The weekend will begin Friday night with an evening devoted to the Blackburn Institute network. This will include a formal dinner program, focused discussions related to our symposium theme, and our traditional late night. Friday night will also feature the return of a Blackburn favorite; Pass The Mic!
Consistent with this theme, we are pleased to announce native Alabamian and gender equity advocate Lilly Ledbetter will be the Frank A. Nix Memorial Lecture speaker. She will be taking questions at a private lunch and closing symposium with a public lecture.
PRIORITY REGISTRATION will extend through August 1 at a rate of $50 per Fellow, Advisory Board member, and guest.
Standard Registration will be open from August 1 - August 8 at a rate of $60 per Fellow, Advisory Board Member, and guest. As always, current Blackburn Students will attend free of charge, but still must register for the event.
• PLEASE be sure to indicate any dietary considerations of which we should be aware in the proper field through the registration portal.
• Students that have not yet been pinned, please select the "student" option. All others will select Fellow or Advisory Board according to your classification.
• Currently enrolled full-time (9+ hours) graduate and professional students, submit an electronic copy of your fall 2015 course registration to email@example.com to recieve fee waivers.
• Please choose the sessions you will and will not be attending to the best of your ability. This greatly assists the office in planning!
• Register online using the following link: http://sa.tix.com/Event.aspx?EventCode=766996