Student Affairs Leadership Council
The Student Affairs Leadership Council (SALC) is made up of alumni and friends of the Division of Student Affairs. The purpose of the Student Affairs Leadership Council is to support projects benefiting University of Alabama students and their families. The Council will provide a source of revenue for its own operating costs and use any excess to fund projects determined by the Vice President for Student Affairs. Meet the 2011-2012 SALC members.
The goal of the SALC is to further the mission of the Division of Student Affairs through maximizing each student’s learning experience. The objectives of the Leadership Council are to:
- Advise the Vice President for Student Affairs on long-range planning
- Support the Division financially and encourage others to do the same
- Function as an advocacy group for the University and the Division
- Assist in the recruitment of outstanding members to the Council
- Serve on various advisory committees established by the Council at the request of the Vice President for Student Affairs and to provide advice on specific programs, needs and issues
The Council is guided by the Director of Advancement for Student Affairs as well as the SALC Chairperson, which assists the Division in the development of relationships and partnerships with communities within Alabama and organizations at the state and national levels; strategic planning to advise the Division on long-range planning; advancement to assist the Division in securing financial resources; and leadership to provide opportunities for students.
- The SALC holds a regular meeting during each semester of the University’s academic year.
- Members pledge to support the Division with an annual tax-deductible contribution of $1,000 to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Young Professional members pledge to support the Division with an annual tax-deductible contribution of $500.00 to the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs.